Avoid Foreclosure Miami
In recent years, the sunny paradise of Miami has become a nightmare for many homeowners facing foreclosure. The housing market crash of the late 2000s is still having a major impact on the market in all of Florida, and Miami remains the epicenter for much of the state’s housing woes. If you’re facing foreclosure, finding a local foreclosure attorney can help you fight the banks and avoid foreclosure in Miami.
Miami’s foreclosure rate remains at the top of U.S. foreclosure rates in major cities. In recent months, auctions have increased by more than 300 percent, and the market remains flooded with distressed properties.
According to industry experts, one out of every 236 homes in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach area were hit with a foreclosure filing in the early summer months of 2013. For perspective, this rate is more than four times the national foreclosure filing average.
If you believe you may soon face foreclosure, it is time to speak to a professional foreclosure attorney. The Legal Help Group Law Firm is focused on foreclosure and can help educate you on the process. The more you know about your rights, your individual finances and the requirements banks must satisfy to foreclose on your home, the better you and your attorney will be able to fight for your home and avoid foreclosure in Miami. The following tips from Legal Help Group will help you understand the “battle with the bank”:
- Avoid ignoring the problem. If you’re having trouble paying your mortgage, review your finances and prepare a game plan. Contact your lender if things look dire to see if you can negotiate reduced payments or forbearance programs.
- Be sure to respond to all correspondence from lenders in a timely fashion. Failure to respond can be used against you in foreclosure court.
- Understand your rights as a mortgage holder. Go over your loan documents so you understand your lender’s options, and what it cannot do, if you can’t make payments. Also contact Florida’s housing office to learn what the laws are concerning foreclosure and the time frame to initiate and complete action.
- Seek counseling. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development provides funding for counseling for struggling homeowners. Use it. Your tax dollars paid for it.
- Prioritize debt. Put your mortgage first, and make sure you pay it before you address other debts such as credit cards. Also examine your budget and cut any unnecessary spending.
- If it seems unlikely to avoid foreclosure in Miami, seek out the services of a foreclosure attorney like those at Legal Help Group Law Firm. Legal Help Group foreclosure attorneys are skilled professionals who have the training and skills to use the law to your advantage. They can halt foreclosure proceedings and help you negotiate new terms with your lenders that can help you stay in your home. Even if keeping your home isn’t in the cards, a Legal Help Group foreclosure attorney can buy you time to find a buyer for your home, allowing you to exit on more financially favorable terms.
If you’re a homeowner in Miami facing hard times, you don’t have to go it alone. There are a variety of resources that can help you avoid foreclosure in Miami, and the skilled local attorneys at Legal Help Group Law Firm are capable of fighting the banks. The flood of bankruptcies in Miami has had the ironic benefit of making Legal Help Group attorneys some of the most experienced foreclosure attorneys in the nation. Take advantage of this resource!
You can avoid foreclosure in Miami! The Florida foreclosure attorneys at the Legal Help Group Law Firm are experienced on the subject. For information on foreclosures, the process, your options and how to save your home, please call a Legal Help Group foreclosure professional at (877) 304-9404, respond to our live chat on this page, or fill out the short form on this page and a member of the Legal Help Group Law Firm foreclosure team will reach out to you.